First OsmoCon Conference on April 21st, 2017
OsmoCon (Osmocom Conference) 2017 is the first technical conference for Osmocom users, operators and developers!
For the first time ever, the Osmocom Conference brings together users, operators and developers of the Osmocom Open Source cellular infrastructure projects, such as OsmoBTS, OsmoBSC, OsmoSGSN, OpenGGSN and others.
OsmoCon 2017 is your opportunity to deepen your understanding of Osmocom technology and to meet other people in and around the Osmocom Ecosystem.
Join us for a day of presentations and discussions with the main developers behind Open Source Mobile Communications, as well as commercial and non-profit users of the Osmocom cellular infrastructure software.
Find more information on Osmocom.
Contribute to Osmocom 3.5G and receive a free femtocell!
In 2016, Osmocom gained initial 3.5G support. This means you can run your own small open source 3.5G cellular network for SMS, Voice and Data services. However, the project needs more contributors: Become an active member in the Osmocom development community and get your nano3G femtocell for free. We hereby issue a call for proposals to the general public. Let us know how you would help us improving the Osmocom project if you were to receive one of those free femtocells.
We will setup a dedicated community where all developers of the 3.5g acceleration project can share their experiences and will receive dedicated support of the Osmocom team. For this exciting project, sysmocom - one of the main drivers of the Osmocom project - provides 50 nano3G femtocells for free with additional 5 SIM cards for an easy start. The call for proposals end is extended until 15th of February 2017. The selected developers will be announced on February 27.
Read the announcement.
sysmocom fills a gap in the telecommunications market for development, products and services. The existing equipment and service vendors are offering products by large companies to large companies. If you are a small start-up, local/regional MNO or MVNO, you will have found it incredibly difficult to satisfy your needs from the large Telco equipment vendors.
You don't have to have a big budget in order to roll your own GSM network. We have first-hand expertise in the right mixture of Open Source technologies like OpenBSC, OsmoSGSN and OpenGGSN, economic base station technology and off-the-shelf computer hardware to solve your problems.
Even if you are a large operator, we still may have something to offer to you. You are probably used to the fact that your equipment supplier tells you all kinds of things that are allegedly impossible, or require you to buy their next generation hardware even for a minor software feature change. If you have a specific request regarding analysis of your network, or interfacing equipment of different vendors: Talk to us. We will help you to find the best technical and economic solution for your problem, truly independent of any vendor bias.
Our services include
- custom research and development in mobile communications networks and protocols, from RAN to core network
- supplying equipment for small MNOs and MVNOs - from SIM cards over core network elements to the BSC, from picocells to small cells to macro-cells.
- consulting and training services
- security audits with specific focus on penetration testing of GSM protocols and interfaces
- protocol tracers, analyzers and converters
- development of back-haul protocol optimization
- small GSM networks / network simulation for research, education, training, R&D and factory testing of mobile devices
- load testing and roaming testing
- circuit design and software/firmware development of M2M devices using GSM/GPRS/UMTS/LTE modem modules (Wavecom, Cinterion, Option, Simcom, u-blox, Quectel), GPS/GNSS receivers, etc.
- systems for M2M device testing
- receivers and simulators for various other radio technology like AIS and ADS-B
We're looking forward to hear from you!